An opportunity to develop or perfect your biopsy technique.
This short hands-on training course will provide core knowledge of biopsy and preimplantation genetic testing. It will focus on the technical skills required to undertake embryo biopsy and to successfully tube the material.
The course will include:
- Theoretical knowledge on selection of microtools, media and equipment for biopsy.
- Hands on training in the use of a laser for facilitating blastocyst herniation for trophectoderm biopsy.
- Assessment of the suitability of embryos for biopsy.
- Hands-on training in removal and preparation of cells, using the mouse model.
- Video examples of best biopsy practice – human embryos
- Optimising vitrification practice to compliment your biopsy program. Hands on session.
- Benchmarking of clinical practice and key performance indicator setting.
- A tour of the clinical laboratory to observe biopsy and tubing will also be included.
Cost per person: £1500 for 2 days
Upcoming course dates: 3rd – 4th April 2019 (2 day course) and 10th – 11th July 2019 (2 day course)